A Christmas Poem

As I awake this Christmas morning,
I am met with a mood so blue.
Because all I asked in my time of mourning,
was to wake up next to you.

Children's toe are tapping and pitter patting,
as they wake up bright with cheer.
Today is the day, for my whole life,
it was the happiest time of year!

Families laughing and gift unwrapping,
a trip home from afar.
I never considered that someday soon,
today's joy would be a scar.

Those who are blessed, be grateful this fest,
and hold your loved ones near.
Be thankful for toys for little girls and boys,
some brothers and sisters aren't here.

Chestnuts popping and missing stockings,
all isn't merry and bright.
As you gather around the tree,
remember that some can't see the light.

Hold your loved ones, kiss them and hug them,
if you think they don't look so cheer.
Because today will bear the weight,
of ones who are no longer here.

Head hanging low under mistletoe,
Christmas comes but once a year.
Let gentleness thrive cause some live and some die,
and grief hardly stops here.

No comments:

Post a Comment